It's an exciting time of change and growth for the CCSA and we are looking for solid, dedicated, and motivated leadership to join our team as we move into the next phase.
The Board of Directors recently voted to modify the structure of the board and add two (2) additional Studio Member positions. This new board structure will represent seven (7) Studio Member voting positions (open to all studio members) and two (2) Supplier Member non-voting advising positions (open to all supplier members). You can read the full explanation letter from BOD President, Wendy Pettys here.
The CCSA is now accepting applications for candidates for the CCSA Board of Directors. We have 3 Studio Member Board of Director (3-year term) and 2 Supplier Advising positions (2-year terms, however, in 2017 we will have one position for 1 year and the other position for two years in order to offset the rotation of the seat) positions up for voting in our Annual Elections. If you are interested, you must submit a short video and complete the application below. Deadline to complete application is May 3, 2017.
To find out more about being part of the CCSA Board of Directors we invite you to join the current board on a call scheduled for April 18th at 9AM EST - 712-451-0200 232984#. On this call, you will have the opportunity to ask questions, address any concerns and find out the demands and rewards of being part of this outstanding Board. You may also reach out to any existing board member at any time with questions.
Studio Member position term expirations are for the following board members: Marti Strehlow and Wendy Pettys (this was an extension of term, an 8th position on the BOD, and will not be replaced).
Supplier Member positions currently held will expire at end of current term and will be replaced by new Supplier Advising positions.
You can read more about being a part of the CCSA Board of Directors by downloading this guide.
Board member Expectations:
The volunteer position of a CCSA Board member requires participating in a group setting designed to establish and implement goals and objectives of the CCSA. Ideally, it takes strategic and critical thinking, meeting deadlines, and working closely with other Board members on behalf of CCSA studio and supplier members.
- Board members are required to participate in monthly phone conference calls and calls last 2-3 hours. There is no conference call in December.
- Twice a year, the Board meets in person for planning purposes. Meetings are in January for 3 days and immediately following convention for 3 days.
- Board members will represent and promote the CCSA in a positive and productive manner. As a Board member, you will need to be available to members, actively participating through social media, monthly calls, committees, and events, as well as assisting with convention duties.
- Two years' minimum in the PYOP industry and a CCSA member in good standing for at least one year.
- Complete the application announcing your intention to run stating qualifications and why you want to be on the board. Owner of studio business. A studio position must be held by an owner of a studio business. If such person also has a supplier membership, their supplier membership would be considered their primary business and thus only eligible to run for a Supplier Advising position seat on the board.
- Committee experience before being eligible for the board, CCSA or active volunteer.
- Studio nominees must be monetarily responsible to their vendors.
- The prospective board member must contact 2 current board members to discuss the demands of the position so that they were informed of the expectations.
Timeline for elections:
- April 17: Submission form goes live
- April 18: Information Call with current Board: 712-451-0200 232984#
- May 3: Last day to submit application
- May 10 : Election voting opens at 12PM CST
- May 10-24: Election voting is open
- May 24: Election voting closes at 6PM CST
- June 1: Announce winners in June newsletter
More information can be found on our website by clicking here.
If you have additional questions, you may contact Dena Pearlman at 888.291.2272x6 or email her firstname.lastname@example.org