2017 Convention Regular Class Instructor Agreement
Thank you for volunteering your time and energy to the CCSA Convention. It is our hope that your class will inspire and educate its attendees. This inspiration will hopefully produce more efficient business owners to succeed in the creative retail world.
What to expect from the CCSA:
· Guidance on what previous attendees are looking for in class.
· Basic room set up includes one six-foot table, any supplies, and AV you select when completing this form. (Projector, screen, flip chart, water, bowls, plates, paper towels, etc.)
· If you have a Mac, you must provide your connection cable for a slide projector. If you prefer to use a slide advancer for your presentation, you will need to bring your own. Any changes to your AV needs must be submitted to email@example.com by March 31, 2017. After that date, no changes may be made to your AV orders.
· Instructor Payment - $150 per class to cover your time and any additional expenses (printing, supplies, incidentals)
· Water, plates, bowls and paper towels if you are doing a technique class.
What the CCSA expects for a successful class:
- Be prepared to introduce yourself to the class.
- Quality, an informative handout for class attendees that will be included in attendee packets.
- Due by March 31
- A short video to promote your class less than 30 seconds.
- Picture of yourself (jpg, png, tiff)
- Picture of your project if you are teaching a technique class (jpg, png, tiff)
- Any handouts to be included on the convention CD and in convention packets should be sent in Word format to Laura firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1, 2017.CCSA will print copies to include in convention registration packets, so keep these handouts 1-2 pages. Color pictures may be included but will be printed in black and white.
- Handouts must have information, instructions, and patterns where applicable. Handouts cannot be Fill in the Blank. Attendees need to see information and not be responsible for filling in information given to them by the instructor.
- Any additional printed handouts for your class attendees are optional; however, you will need to provide and pay for them out of your instructor fee. You will need to have them printed and delivered to your class. More detailed description of your class, and any other information you may find helpful to an attendee to rate your class positively. We will let you know August 8th (after registration closes) how many people to prepare for.
- Royal Brush provides brushes for attendees for classes. Please send Dena a list of brushes no later than July 1st, and she will work with Royal to make sure they are included for your class.
- Any instructor that does not meet deadlines and does not submit proper handouts will not receive compensation.
- If supplies are needed for your class, please ask a supplier to sponsor your class (bisque, clay, color, etc.)
- You must have selected your AV needs while completing these forms. If you have not selected any AV while completing this form, none can be provided for you.
- Additionally, the CCSA reserves the right to sell any project that you complete during your class at a later date without additional compensation to you.
- Please note that the internet is not provided in any classrooms. If you need the internet in your classroom, you will need to supply a personal hotspot to connect to your personal computer.
- Also, you will need to email a short video promoting your class, any project pictures and a picture of yourself in a separate email to email@example.com submitted by March 31, 2017. If your video is too large to email through your email system, please consider uploading it to YouTube, Dropbox, mailbigfile.com, or similar service and email the link to Laura.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact Dena at firstname.lastname@example.org or Laura at email@example.com.
Once again, thank you for volunteering to better the PYOP industry at our annual convention. If your class is rated highly, we may be calling you to teach at future conventions as well!
Dena Pearlman Executive Director
firstname.lastname@example.org | 888-291-2272 x 6
- Video to email@example.com
- Form completed
- Picture of project, instructor, and logo (optional)
- No changes may be made to your AV requests after this date.
- A total number of class attendees registered for your class will be emailed to you.