Dear CCSA Studio Members,
I’m excited to inform you that the CCSA Board of Directors (BOD) election process will begin in April. Serving on the BOD is an invaluable opportunity for your professional development, a chance to advance your knowledge of the PYOP industry and a great way to give your skills and knowledge to a community that gives so much to its members. We are looking for solid, dedicated, and motivated leadership to join our team as we move the CCSA into the future.
The CCSA continues to evolve and grow, resulting in a stronger association. The Board of Directors recognizes that to improve and build our association on an ongoing basis, we must reexamine and make changes where necessary. To that end, we are implementing an increased volume of initiatives this year and have decided to add a Studio Member BOD position, bringing the total number of Studio Member BOD positions to eight. Our Board structure will consist of eight Studio Member positions (open to all studio members) and one Supplier Member non-voting advising position (open to all supplier members). In the 2019 election, we will need to fill two Studio Member positions.
This is your chance to make a difference by serving on the BOD. If you have any questions about serving on the BOD or the election process, feel free to contact any Board Member or you can reach me at email@example.com. Election information will be arriving in your inbox next month. All election information can be found on our website https://ccsaonline.site-ym.com/page/Elections.
CCSA Board of Directors President
The Board of Directors is excited about the future of CCSA and feel these changes will only improve the operations and strengthen the association. If you have any questions or concern, contact any Board Member. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Election information will be arriving in your inbox this month. All election information can be found on our website https://ccsaonline.site-ym.com/page/Elections.
Board member Expectations:
The volunteer position of a CCSA Board member requires participating in a group setting designed to establish and implement goals and objectives of the CCSA. Ideally, it takes strategic and critical thinking, meeting deadlines, and working closely with other Board members on behalf of CCSA studio and supplier members.
- Board members are required to participate in monthly phone conference calls and calls last 2-3 hours. There is no conference call in December.
- Twice a year, the Board meets in person for planning purposes. Meetings are in January for 3 days and immediately following convention for 3 days.
- Board members will represent and promote the CCSA in a positive and productive manner. As a Board member, you will need to be available to members, actively participating through social media, monthly calls, committees, and events, as well as assisting with convention duties.
- Two years’ minimum in the PYOP industry and a CCSA member in good standing for at least one year.
- Complete the application announcing your intention to run stating qualifications and why you want to be on the board. Owner of studio business. A studio position must be held by an owner of a studio business. If such person also has a supplier membership, their supplier membership would be considered their primary business and thus only eligible to run for a Supplier Advising position seat on the board.
- Committee experience before being eligible for the board, CCSA or active volunteer.
- Studio nominees must be monetarily responsible to their vendors.
- The prospective board member must contact 2 current board members to discuss the demands of the position so that they were informed of the expectations.